I’m kind of backwards with seasons. Seasonal Affective Disorder, which usually strikes people during cold, rainy, gray times, affects me during the summer. (It is hot and humid here and I’m allergic to mosquitos, so I tend to be outside during Texas summers for whole seconds at a time, and only when I can’t help it.) Spring means dread for me — it lasts about two minutes before the triple digits begin. So the energy burst that some folks experience at the start of spring? That happens to me at the start of fall. I get so excited about the prospect of going outside in the sunshine without sweltering…of cool nights…of even *considering* a longer sleeve.
I completely embrace #sewdontclean. Totally, fully, and without reservation. But this time of year just does something to me. The spring cleaning that some people get up to… hits me six months later. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to cull my pattern file. (And alongside this, I’m finally completing my transition to MyStuff2, where my digital pattern catalog will live. This is bringing me more happiness than I can express. So much fun to look through! NAYY…I purchased the app and I’m simply a satisfied customer.)
So what’s my point? Well… an embarrassingly long time ago, I won a Plus-Sized Pattern Pyramid. And now I’m finally getting around to paying it forward. The guilt about my delay, coupled with my recent destashing efforts, are resulting in… multiple pattern giveaways. I hope you’ll agree, there’s some reeeally cute stuff in here — patterns that I had to think twice (or eight times) about before parting with. But I have to face facts. I would never in four lifetimes get around to making everything I’ve collected.
Here’s the deal… I’m going to pass along the Plus-Sized Pattern Pyramid, but I’m also doing others. Because. I’d rather give them to y’all than to a thrift store where they might just get thrown away or something. Here are the options:
To enter, just leave a comment below saying which one(s) you want. Hell, you can enter the drawing for all of them as far as I’m concerned! I’ll choose at least two winners in each category (six total). I reserve the right to pick EVEN MORE WINNERS, depending on how many more patterns I find to throw in… but each winner will receive at least 10 patterns to select from.
To recap the Pattern Pyramid concept, here are the deets, which I have only slightly modified from BeaJay’s original:
- Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight my time on Sunday, September 22, 2013 BUT you must have an active blog.
- I will randomly select 2 winners.
- I will post a selection of patterns (at least 10) to each winner. The winners will pick a pattern(s) to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that person, who will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and …
- All patterns are in the plus size category – ie – if the pattern comes in 2 sizing groups, then it will be the larger category. Patterns go up to at least size 20 (most go higher). Patterns listed as “all sizes” will include plus sizes.
- If you wish to take more than one pattern you can replenish the stock with a pattern you no longer want, but please make sure it is in this size range.
THE SMALL PRINT
- We are taking it on trust that all pattern pieces are there.
- Your selection of patterns will be picked at random – please don’t contact me asking for specific patterns.
- If you’re a winner, BeaJay has asked if you could make a small contribution to The Brooke. This is a charity close to the heart of Catherine, who so generously provided the original patterns. These plus-sized patterns have been contributed in the spirit of the generosity of the sewing community.
- Please engage in a timely fashion, launching your own giveaways soon after receiving a parcel.
- You must be happy to post patterns worldwide.
Good luck! I can’t wait to see where the patterns head off to, and the stuff that you make from them!